The Anchor (Supporting Children After Separation)
Separation and divorce can be very tough on children. They may experience a range of difficult emotions throughout this time including feeling invisible, lost, embarrassed, sad, ashamed and confused. They may feel like the separation is their fault or that they’re not being heard.
The Anchor helps guide children through their parents' separation or divorce. The program provides:
- Counselling for children and young people
- Therapeutic groups for children and young people to share their experiences with others who understand
- Child Consultation so that children's experiences are understood and their needs are considered when their parents are in Family Dispute Resolution (Mediation), counselling or in a Parenting Orders Program
- Seminars for parents
- Seminars for professionals
- Consultation to other professionals, e.g. teachers, school counsellors, Independent Children’s Lawyers
Visit www.theanchor.org.au for more information.
Unifam believes all people should have access to our services and for this reason we keep our fees as low as possible. Please contact us to discuss the cost of an appointment.
How to get started
Contact us for more information about this program. All enquiries are taken by a professional staff member who will explain the process and answer any questions.